Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Birthday Boy

Brandon turned 11 on Friday, and while he didn't get an acceptance letter from Hogwarts, he did get to go see Harry Potter 7 on opening day, which was pretty cool. He also got to choose all our meals-- Steak Out for lunch, chocolate cake (I made a from scratch chocolate cake which was soo good!) and ice cream after the movie, and pizza for dinner-- and play his new Legend of Zelda game all day without anyone telling him to turn off the screen and go do something active. So, basically it was a day of junk food, video games and movies. Sounds like 11 year-old-boy heaven, huh.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Brandon.
I saw that post for the chocolate cake before. I'd love to try it for Jonathan's birthday for Friday, but he is so picky I think he would through a fit that it doesn't taste exactly like what he was expecting.

hope said...

Zach had a BLAST helping him celebrate! I am sure he is excited to have him in 11-year-old scouts, too!