Saturday, October 8, 2011

Band Girl


Last Saturday Natalie's band performed pretty close to home so Brandon and I went to watch. It was fun to see the show, and it sure brought back a lot of memories of my own time in high school! Brandon was pretty impressed with all the bands. He really wants to join at the middle school next year on either percussion, like his big sis, or tuba (go figure).

Here is one of the band's numbers. You can see the rest of the show here and here.



This weekend the band is traveling to DC to perform at the White House. They left late last night and drove all night to get there. Natalie detests long drives and was soooo not excited to spend the night on a bus. They have a busy weekend ahead of them with a trip to the amusement park, sightseeing, and even a dinner cruise on the Potomac. I hope she has more fun than she did on last year's band trip when she got to visit the first aid hut and have sunscreen washed out of her eyes--don't ask.

3 comments:

Christa said...

Time is a strange thing. As soon as the band started playing so many memories crowded into my brain. I even tried to look for a cute clarinet player in the band. I assume Natty was the second player on the right. SHe sure looks as cute as her Mom did in her uniform. Maybe Brandon should have a talk with Tim, he played the Yuba in Jr HIgh.

Cindy said...

You assume wrong. Natalie is the last marimba on the left. If you watch closely at the beginning of the video I have highlighted her, but still kind of have to know where to look.

Karen said...

It's so busy but oh so fun. I can't wait for Kaylyn to get there. Weird, I know. Natalie is awesome and I love watching her.