Bryce wanted to be Pikachu. I helped him with his costume and didn't put him on a budget, but we were still pretty thrifty. He already had the yellow sweats and I made his hat and tail. After the costume was all done, I thought maybe I should have added a little padding to "round him out" a little bit but, oh well. I just told everyone he was going as "anorexic Pikachu". He was so excited that I couldn't get him to hold still for a picture.
Brandon wanted to be Pit from the video game "Kid Icarus". He spent the most time on his costume and was the most creative in spending his money. He made, or re-purposed, just about every part of the costume himself, except for the wings, which he bought. My favorite part is that he is using Bryce's old shin guards as his gauntlets.
Natalie spent the least on her costume. She went as Nyan Cat. She asked me to sew a hat and tail for her and we knitted the "rainbow" ourselves. Everything else came out of her closet.
And, once again, Emily couldn't make up her mind on what to be. After much debate, she finally decided that she would go dressed as "a boy". She raided Brandon's closet and pulled her hair into a baseball cap. The only thing she bought was a pair of socks. The cost of said socks--$18! Yes, really! She ran off in the afternoon to get dressed at a friend's house, so I never ended up getting her picture, but just imagine Brandon 10 lbs lighter, and that's pretty much what she looked like. It was actually kind of creepy.



1 comment:
I want to see the $18 socks!
I love how resourceful you kids got when they got to keep the extra money! And they look great! Bryce is such a cute Peakachoo- I love Brandons wings, he did a great job putting his costume together! Nattie is very cute, and now I know what a Nayn cat is. Good job knitting that scarf! Wish I could have seen Emmy, she is such a beautiful girl that it is hard to imagine her all boy-ed up.
Post a Comment