Monday, June 2, 2014

Poking Puddles

 For her graduation gift, Natalie got a laptop.  Getting her own laptop has been at the top of Natalie's wish list for years and I think she may have been more excited about going in to get her computer than she was about graduation.  She may have even teared up a little as she left the Apple Store with a MacBook in hand.  (Ok, I'm teasing about the tears, but she was really, really, REALLY happy.)

With nothing on her schedule and a new laptop in her room, we haven't seen much of Natalie the last two weeks.    She's been busy catching up on four years of lost sleep and working on her art and animation projects.

Last week, she made this little "speed draw" video of herself doing a digital drawing on her new laptop.  What she usually does is first draw a pencil sketch, then she scans the pencil drawing into the computer and uses photoshop to trace, edit and color the image.  The whole process takes her a couple of hours.  The video is kind of long (about 8 minutes) so if you don't want watch the whole thing, at least watch the last 60 seconds.  There is a surprise at the end. Hahaha.



2 comments:

Christa said...

The was a joy to watch, but the end was heartbreaking. Did you really loose your picture?

Unknown said...

Wow.. Funny I really enjoy watching her doing this project. WOW! She is truly an artist! I wish I could know how to use.. :D