Natalie is "the night sky". She saw the idea in a magazine and made the costume by herself, with just a few sewing pointers from mom.
Emily is a hippie, or in her words, "a disco dancer". (She and I spent a lot of time debating the difference.) After I had finished sewing her vest she looked at it and said, "No offense mom, but it looks waaaay better than I thought it would." I guess that's a compliment.
Brandon is a Pokemon Ranger from Pokemon Platinum. I love his costume because, except for the hat and scarf, it is made of actual clothing that he can wear this winter. Hooray for clothes doing double-duty!
Bryce is Snake Eyes from the GI Joe movie. He wins the award for the most drama over a costume this year. He and I looked at a lot of costumes and he was going back and forth between wanting to be the black ninja or the white ninja. Of course, when I got to the store to buy the costume I couldn't remember which one he had finally picked and I bought the wrong one. I told him I could take it back and exchange it for the right one but he decided he would keep the black one. A week later, when it was too late to return the costume, he changed his mind and had a big fit because he didn't want to be the black ninja. Luckily, Mark came to the rescue and promised to buy him a sword to go with the black costume. It's amazing what a Dollar Store sword can solve.
9 comments:
Those are great. Glad the drama was quickly dissolved by a cool sword. ;)
Great pictures, cute kids and costumes.
Grant is going to be a ninja too, also with a sword.
What on earth did you do to Emily's hair?
Cute kids!! I think Natalie's costume is just brilliant! Very clever girl.
Love them! Natalie's is so great! I wish my girls would be interested in coming up with theirs. Ergh.
And yes...what did you do to Emily's hair?!
That last sentence made me laugh out loud. That's hilarious! Good job on the costumes. Very cute.
Emily is wearing a wig. :)
Cute! Cute!
Natty did a great job on her costume and Emmy looks gnarly, peace,dude; the wig really gave it the right touch.
i love the thought of the two of you discussing whether em was a disco dancer or a hippie...
Post a Comment