Everlasting winter? Narnia's white witch has nothing on us. I am looking out my window and watching snowflakes fall, in March, in Alabama. Where is Aslan when you need him?
We had "spring" break last week. The wet, chilly weather kept us inside for most of the week, but we did try to get out and do a few activities. On Monday I took the kids to the ice rink for some skating. They all had a fun time chasing each other around the ice, and I was surprised to see Bryce right in the mix this time. Up until now, he hasn't been able to keep up with the other kids on his skates.
Wednesday, the boys really wanted to go to the park. So, after taking Emily to gymnastics we stopped at the playground. Brandon and Bryce were having a great time but after about and hour of sitting on a cold bench without a coat (It's supposed to be SPRING!) I couldn't take the shivering any longer and I forced the boys back home.
Thursday we decided we would just pretend like it was actually warm, and we went swimming at our local rec center's indoor pool. Unfortunately, the day camp kids had the same idea and the pool was very crowded so we didn't stay too long.
With the weather being so ugly, the kids spent a lot of time indoors playing Band Hero. They make such a cute little band! Can you guess who likes to do what? Emily is usually the singer. Brandon likes to play guitar. Natalie plays drums (big surprise), and Bryce likes to do bass. It just makes me smile to watch them rock out together.
Saturday morning Emily had her State meet in Tuscaloosa. She did well on beam(2nd), floor(3rd) and vault(4th), but bars just seems to be her nemesis this year and she flubbed her handstand, again. It was really frustrating because during her warm-up she was doing the best handstands I've seen out of her all season! She scored a 7.425 on bars which knocked her out of qualifying for regionals. But that wasn't too bad, since I think we are all ready for this season to be over.
So, under cold cloudy skies, the kids all trudged back to school today. Please, Spring, come soon!
2 comments:
My thoughts exactly! Just came from sunny Oregon to wake up to snow!?? And one of my first thoughts was our morning walks...they need to resume...but in warmer weather please!!
Well....technically spring started on the 20th...
But the weather doesn't care. Snow. In March. In Alabama. :P
Post a Comment