Emily and I spent most of our Saturday in the car driving to and from Auburn for a gymnastics meet. Neither of us were very excited to spend 7 hours in the car, but Emily had her best meet of the season, so that kind of eased the pain.
Emily has had a rough time this season, especially on bars. Learning the straddle cast to handstand has been an epic drama of "I have it. . .I lost it. . . I have it again" that has left us all exhausted. She competed the handstand for the first time last week, but it was so bad that the judges didn't give her credit for it. She tried again this week and did much better, even though she lost her balance and fell, she still ended up with 5th place.
Emily placed 1st in all her other events and 1st all-around, and was very excited to be on top of the medal stand for the first time this season. She has one more meet (State) in two weeks.
3 comments:
All right Emily! You go girl! I love watching the gymnastics videos your mom posts.
Wow! Way to go, Emily!
Good job, Emily!
Post a Comment