
Well, I've finally finished the Insanity program. Overall, I'm pleased with the results. As you can see, the difference is obvious. When we showed the before and after shots to the kids, Bryce said - 'Hey, it looks like your belly used to hang over you pants.' Just about everyone else responded at the same time saying - 'It did!'
Imagine what my results would have been like if I had actually followed the diet plan. Keep in mind, though, that my goal wasn't to get ripped. My goal was to simply get to a point where I wouldn't look revolting on the beach - i.e. no spillover at the waistline.
Oh, I did change up my diet a little bit. I tried to eat some smaller portions, I started eating breakfast, and having fruit every day, and I cut out fast food entirely. I still eat all my favorite stuff, to be sure. Pizza, brownies, chocolate chip cookies, all the good stuff. I just don't eat as much as I used to - except for the pizza. I still eat all the way to failure there.
My most amazing accomplishment is that I haven't had french fries since I started the program. I know it doesn't really make sense, since I've eaten other things that are just as bad, but for whatever reason, french fries became my symbolic enemy #1. Now that I'm done? Let me just say that some hot, salty McDonalds fries are very high on my most wanted list.
To be honest, I haven't enjoyed it very much. Every workout was a struggle. I would literally dread starting, just knowing that the next hour was going to be absolutely grueling. I used to enjoy weightlifting, and looked forward to arriving at the gym - not so with Insanity. It's paid off though. I don't even get tired playing 2 hours of racquetball any more.
On the bright side, it's been quite entertaining for the kids. Most of the time, they sit on the couch watching both me and the TV while I'm working out. Even Emily's friends, while visiting, seem to really enjoy it. I don't get it, but I got over feeling stupid very early on in the program. You don't have time to worry about how stupid you look doing the exercises - you just have to focus on not keeling over.
Where to from here? Well, maybe I'll hold off on those fries for a while. I still have 1 1/2 months before I go to the beach. It would be a waste to pack it all back on right now....but it would sure be fun! lol P90X anyone???
4 comments:
great job, mark! you will certainly put me to shame in august... unless we start playing some ping-pong
Very impressive! I saw an infomercial for Insanity in a patient's room one night shift and it certainly looks like it lives up to its name. Way to go!
Congratulations Mark! I knew if anyone could stand to do something insane it would be you. On the other hand, I was also pretty sure you wouldn't be able to pass up on the pizza. In any case your transformation from the old buda-ful Mark to the new handsome pink boy is amazing.
WOW! I saw this and told Kelly about it and he immediately came home to see your new slimmer physique! I'm a sucker for before/after pictures. GREAT JOB! I am on Week 5 of P90X (it's awesome). I took Before pictures and I plan to take After pictures, too, but I don't think I'll be brave enough to post them on my blog! :)
Post a Comment