On July 2nd, The Last Airbender movie comes out. My family, especially Natalie, loves the cartoon. (We got the complete DVD set for Christmas and Mark and Natalie had a marathon watching all 61 episodes back to back.) They have been counting the days until the theatrical release for months! The other day Natalie saw some cool t-shirts depicting the symbols of the four elemental nations portrayed in the movie. Since the shirts didn't come in kids sizes, we decided to make our own. Natalie adapted the designs on the computer, and I ironed them on. I think they came out better than the originals.
Unfortunately, Natalie's power over water didn't help us at the Botanical Gardens this morning. Brandon had to visit a nature center to finish up some achievements for his Cub Scout Bear badge. Of course, we had only been there about 10 minutes before it started to rain. Luckily, we had stopped at Walmart on the way for some rain ponchos. And, as most people weren't as prepared (or stupid?) as we were, we had the place almost to ourselves once the heavens opened. Here are a few pictures from our adventures:
3 comments:
I love the shirts and I love your enthusiasm! I didn't realize that the movie was coming up so quickly. My kids like to "earth-bend" their full laundry baskets into their rooms by flopping them on the ground and then kicking them down the hall. Whatever works.
My kiddos LOVE the series, and can't wait for the movie. I love your shirts! So creative!
I love Natalie's face in the picture with the ball pit. Looks like you managed to have fun despite the rain!
Post a Comment