Today the 2nd grade classes had Johnny Appleseed Day and the kids were supposed to dress-up. Bryce was obsessed with having a pot for a hat, and tried out every piece of cookware in my cupboard. He really wanted to use my 6.5 quart stock pot because it was the only one that actually stayed on his head, but I wouldn't let him. Mostly because it weighs about 5 lbs and is one of my best pots, but also it made him look like a cross between Darth Vader and that kid from Fat Albert. All I can say is that Johnny Appleseed must have had a pretty funny shaped head or a really bent-up pot to go around using it as a hat.
Despite the fact that he had to hold the pot on his head, Bryce was very excited for the festivities. He had old jeans with rope suspenders, a pocket bible (This was actually given to him at school last year--yes, we live in the South.), a handy knapsack to hold his belongings, and, of course, an apple. But the funniest part in all this is that Bryce doesn't even like apples. Good luck today, Johnny.
3 comments:
Cute! I hope the boys had a fun day :)
I saw him all dressed up when I was there yesterday.... how fun!!
What a cute little Johnny Appleseed!
Post a Comment