Brandon and Bryce both wanted to try soccer this year (I haven't gotten Brandon's photo yet) and that has taken up a lot of our time the past few months. Neither one had ever played before, and I was not too happy about all the practices and spending every Saturday running back and forth from one game to the next, but oh well. Saturday was our last game, and I am glad to be done!Bryce really enjoyed the sport and his team. He was one of the older boys in his group and had no trouble catching up to the kids who already had a couple of seasons under their belts. He even scored a few goals and is all excited about playing again next year.
Poor Brandon, on the other hand, having just barely turned 10 at the beginning of the season, was one of the youngest in his 10 to 12-year-old division and had a really rough time. Starting out having never played, he learned a lot over the season, and I was so proud of him for sticking with it even when some the older boys on his team made fun of him and the team lost almost every game.
For the first time, the kids carved their pumpkins all by themselves--even Bryce. Natalie also did a great job toasting up some pumpkin seeds. The ones I've done have never turned too good, but hers were quite tasty.
All in all, it's been a busy month leading us into the start of an even busier holiday season, but at least it's been fun.
1 comment:
You guys looked had a lot of FUN! And BUSY! :D Wish could be there and have fun with you guys!
Post a Comment