Monday, May 30, 2011

What I Did This Year

When Bryce started kindergarten I was so excited to think of all the stuff I'd get done once all four kids were off at school. But I quickly realized that I really didn't do more once the kids were gone, I just did the same--in peace.

School letting out on Tuesday makes me sit back and wonder, what did I do with all that peace and quiet this year? Well, 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. Over the last 12 months I updated all the kids rooms. After six years of just making do with what was here when we moved in, I finally redid all the kids bedrooms top to bottom.

First up was Emily's room. It was the easiest since I didn't need to paint her walls. I did paint all her furniture black and bought new bedding and shelves. (I wish I had taken some before pictures, but I'm not that great at thinking ahead.)


She wanted to have a black and white zebra print room. I toned her down by keeping the soft pink walls but still let her have a little zebra on her bulletin board and bed.


One of my favorite parts of the room is how we displayed all her medals. (They are hung on a small black curtain rod!)



And of course, I had to do her sink area in black and white, too. Some day, when I'm really brave, I may paint the cabinetry.

I was really happy with how everything looked in the end and it gave me the confidence to tackle the other rooms, which needed more work. Stay tuned for how they turned out . . .

1 comment:

Christa said...

Before and after pictures would have been great. Everything looks really fabulous and very professional!