Thursday, February 23, 2012

American Heroes


" My name is Paul Winchell. I was born on December 21, 1922 and died on June 24, 2005. I was an entertainer and inventor. You may not recognize my name, but I'll bet you'd recognize my voice. I played Tigger in Walt Disney's Winnie the Pooh cartoons. I am most famous for performing with my puppet Jerry Mahoney. Jerry and I loved to make people laugh. I also loved to invent things. My best invention was an artificial heart. It has helped save many lives."

The third grade had it's annual American Heroes Wax Museum this week. The students all researched a famous American and then dressed up like their hero and recited the information they had learned. They were supposed to be wax figures and could only move and talk when the button next to them was pushed which was very cute.

Bryce did a great job learning all about Paul Winchell and even made a mini Jerry Mahoney puppet for a prop. I have really been surprised this year how conscientious Bryce has become about his school work. He doesn't like getting anything but A's and 100's. I may have another Emily on my hands.

The students also performed some songs at the end of the evening. This one was called "One Nation."


2 comments:

hope said...

I love the wax museum! We have one more next year, and then we are done with that portion. Kind of sad actually!

Laynie said...

Bryce looked very "CLEAN" boy. Is it truly him? :D He looked so cute. I can't believe he is not baby anymore..