Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sometimes You Lose

Well, the plan was to post a video of Emily's cheer team winning at Nationals today, but things don't always go according to plan. The team has been undefeated this season, and all year they have been looking forward to their best ever showing at Nationals, maybe even first place, but four falls in the semi-finals and it was all over. All in all a pretty sad day for the cheer squad, but I'm still proud of my girl. She worked hard and was a great teammate. Heck, she even pulled off a flawless routine at regionals with a concussion. I hope that when she looks back on it, she'll remember all the good parts and not the one bad day.

Here is the official video of the tragedy. Emily is the first one that goes down, followed by just about everybody else. The poor things look so dejected at the end. And to add insult to injury, the video gets edited right when they all do their fulls which is the best part of their routine (and there is no sound in the middle of the clip--don't know why). Oh well. Better luck next year.

1 comment:

Christa said...

So sorry to hear you guys didn't win last week. I am sure it was a great dissappoinment after working so hard. But I am sure you had fun at Disney world anyway.