Tuesday, August 5, 2014

First Day of School 2014

It's the first day of school for 75% of my kids.  Emily and Brandon were the first ones out, headed off to seminary bright and early and Bryce was out to the bus stop soon after.  I don't think Natalie shed any tears knowing that her siblings were up at the crack of dawn while she stayed in bed.  In fact, I think the word "losers" may have crossed her lips a few times.  


Brandon is a freshman this year and has been super excited all summer long about starting high school. Emily is a sophomore and has been a great mentor showing Brandon all around the school and making sure he knows all the dos and donts of life at JCHS.
  

Bryce will a 6th grader and is in his final year of elementary school. Bryce told me that he is going to get straight A's this year.  I was pretty pleased until I talked with him some more and found out that he was under the impression that if he had all A's he could have unlimited screen time at home.  I don't know where he got that idea, but after I told him that it was not the case, he didn't seem quite as motivated.  

No comments: