Bryce's 6th birthday extravaganza (sarcasm again) was a two-day event. On Tuesday I took him to Best Buy where he bought a new Nintendo DS game with his birthday money, and then we stopped at Wendy's for dinner. On Friday, Bryce had a friend come home from school with him to play, and later that evening our family went to Jump Zone. Jump Zone was as crowded as I have ever seen it, and it didn't take too long for the kids to be ready to go. We had McDonald's for dinner, and the boys washed it down with cake and ice cream.
All though we all sang and watched Bryce blow out his candle, only the boys actually ate any cake. Natalie was at a friend's house, Emily informed me that she has "grown out of cake", and after the noise of Jump Zone, Mark and I didn't feel like we needed any more stimula
I got over my guilty feelings by letting Bryce and Brandon have their fill of cake for breakfast and for dessert for the next two days. By Sunday night, the two of them had eaten almost the entire cake by themselves. (Mark and Natalie each had a small slice on Sunday.) Eating an entire chocolate cake by yourself--now, that's the kind of birthday celebration I can get excited about!
6 comments:
Good for Bryce! That would be me, eating the entire cake on my own...in fact that happened just a couple weekends ago :)
Hey didn't this all happen a week ago? It's taken a week to post? I'm just kidding. This year Kylie got sick on her birthday. Party plans were canceled and so far have not been rescheduled. I'm sure I'll hear about it some day.
I love eating entire desserts by myself. You may have started a new tradition. ;)
If you think Bryce's 6th Birthday Extraviganza was was less exciting than previous birthdays, just wait until his 63rd birthday.
Mom bought me an over sized chocolate cupcake for my birthday. It was very rich and had a lot of thick chocolate frosting on it, but it was only about the size of a grapefruit. Because it was so decadent we could not eat it all at once. So, after tasting it on my birthday she cut it up into little pieces and put it into the freezer. I think it took about three weeks to finally finish it off.
Those were the days when we could eat a whole cake and not feel guilty about it!! He's lucky to get a DS. Katlyn has been asking for one....
I love cake. Can I have some?? Happy birthday Brycee Boo!
Post a Comment