Forrest Gump's mama must have been from Alabama because the weather here is just "like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." After a warm, wet, spring-like week, we were surprised this morning with snow. I had heard that there was a possibility of snow on Sunday, but I didn't pay much attention. The kids and I have been disappointed by our local weatherman too many times to actually believe anything he says concerning snow. But this morning he was right. There was real honest-to-goodness, stick-to the-ground, enough-to-pack-a-snowball snow. I think this is the most snow we've had since we've lived here. I glanced outside after heaving myself out of bed and then ran through the house yelling at everyone to look out the windows. The kids all dashed out in their pjs and coats (Bryce decided he needed to wear two coats for some reason.) to get in a good hour of play before we had to go to church. By the time church was over, almost all traces of the white stuff had melted. It was fun while it lasted!
Sunday, March 1, 2009
March Comes In Like a Lion
Forrest Gump's mama must have been from Alabama because the weather here is just "like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." After a warm, wet, spring-like week, we were surprised this morning with snow. I had heard that there was a possibility of snow on Sunday, but I didn't pay much attention. The kids and I have been disappointed by our local weatherman too many times to actually believe anything he says concerning snow. But this morning he was right. There was real honest-to-goodness, stick-to the-ground, enough-to-pack-a-snowball snow. I think this is the most snow we've had since we've lived here. I glanced outside after heaving myself out of bed and then ran through the house yelling at everyone to look out the windows. The kids all dashed out in their pjs and coats (Bryce decided he needed to wear two coats for some reason.) to get in a good hour of play before we had to go to church. By the time church was over, almost all traces of the white stuff had melted. It was fun while it lasted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well, it seems you and I are on the same boat. The week was so nice suddenly got some snow this morning and will get MORE snow overnight. We probably will get 5-8 inches. Let's see if the weather (on the internet) get it right. :D
That looks like fun. We got some real snow too!
Is that a new extended porch on the back of your house? I don't remember all the stone walkway.
As long as you get the snow and we don't!
Post a Comment