Emily's music teacher invited the parents to class yesterday for a recorder concert. (I'm using the word concert pretty loosely here. We really just sat in on their last class.) About 5 of us showed up, but we were more than enough to totally fluster the poor music teacher. I felt sorry for her. Emily said that she is retiring after this year. I can't blame her. Sitting through just one recorder class was enough to put me on edge. Emily was very cute and did a nice job. I got a real kick out of the neck straps on the recorders. The music teacher was very adamant that they be worn. Honestly, what is the purpose? The recorders don't weigh more than a couple of ounces. Is she worried about the recorders being dropped or kids hitting each other with them? I just don't know. Anyway, here is one of their songs.
5 comments:
That is funny...the neck straps??
I think it's humor to wear the neck straps. And how lazy is the teacher? Poor Emmy.
That is funny.
I had to ban playing the recorder while driving in the car. I think that the music teachers must have surgically implanted earplugs. The neck strap saga made me laugh. Very cute.
i am pretty sure recorder music was utilized as part of the advanced interrogation techniques at gitmo
Post a Comment