Monday, May 4, 2009

Regionals

Emily competed in Region 8 Prep-Optional Regionals on Saturday. She was competing against the other state champions from eight southeastern states. We had no idea how she would stack up against that kind of competition so we were pretty nervous. She ended up having a solid meet, but it wasn't her best. She had some trouble on vault, and a lot of wobbling on beam. She placed 15th out of 48 over-all which I thought wasn't too bad, but Emily definitely wasn't happy about. In her age group she was 7th on bars and beam, 9th on floor, 14th on vault, and 8th all-around. The scores were pretty tight, and if she had done her best she could have pulled 2nd or 3rd all-around, but I don't think there is any way she could have beaten the girl who won 1st. Emily was pretty grouchy after the meet. I pointed out that she had the highest score on the Alabama team and came in ahead of the girl who was first all-around at State, but it didn't help too much. Luckily, by Sunday the drama of the meet had worn off and she was able to display her plaque and medals with a little bit of spirit when she got home.







3 comments:

Mike and Carrie said...

Wow! Way to go Emily!

danakat said...

That fantastic, Emily!!
Congratulations!

Laynie said...

Good job, Emmy! You're super than I could do. :D Imagine me on that bars? Hahah.