Thursday, July 9, 2009

Bored


Problem: Now that the family is settled in back at home, the kids are spending way too much time watching TV and playing video games.

Solution: Institute screen rationing. No screen time allowed between the hours of 9am and 6:30pm.

Problem: Kids are now following Mom around all day whining about being bored.

Solution: Create a "bored jar" full of household jobs. Every time Mom hears someone complain about being bored they have to choose a job from the jar.

Problem: Kids find other effective ways of letting Mom know they are dying of boredom without ever saying the words "I'm bored." Such as collapsing on beds or couches with huge sighs, or plodding aimlessly behind Mom with long faces, or teasing and picking at each other until someone cries.

Solution: Mom joins convent until school starts.

6 comments:

Lisha said...

Can I come too?

Laynie said...

It sounds a brilliant plan.. Cindy, I'm bored!!! (heehee)

danakat said...

Make them eat salted sugar. I know you have plenty. ;)

jen said...

I was gonna ask the same thing as Alisha....Can I have directions to the convent?

Anonymous said...

oops--that "Kelly" was supposed to be me (Jen)

kg said...

I'm envisioning the dropping on the couches and big sighs...so funny! Send Bryce right on over!!!