Sunday, July 19, 2009

Happy Birthday, Brandon!

Brandon turned nine this week. For his birthday Mark took him and a friend to go see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Brandon has been waiting for it to come out and was very excited when he found out that it would be opening on his actual birthday. We bought tickets a week in advance to make sure they would get in. The boys liked the movie, but Mark thought it was a little slow. It did however spark Mark's interest into doing something those who know him best thought he would never do--read the books. Yes, it's true. Mark has started reading the Harry Potter books.

After the movie, the boys brought home pizza and we had cake and ice cream. (The cake is supposed to be a Pokeball, in case you are Pokemon illiterate.) Happy Birthday Brandon.

7 comments:

Christa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRANDON, I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR YOU HAD FUN WITH YOUR DAD AND FRIEND. WE HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE YET BUT HEARD IT WAS REALLY GOOD.
ALSO GLAD YOU TOLD US WHAT THEME THE CAKE FOLLOWED BECAUSE THERE WERE A LOT OF OTHER THINGS I SAW IN THIS CAKE :)

kg said...

Happy birthday Brandon, thank you for sharing a piece of cake with me. It was delicious Cindy! I want more of that frosting...

Mark said...

I feel the need to clarify. It wasn't the movie that got me to start reading. I had run out of anything else to read while I wait on the next book of 3 different massive Fantasy series.

Also, it is killing Natalie that I won't let her talk to me about what happens in book 7. I don't think she'll be able to make it until the final movie comes out, so this is really a mercy to her.

Lisa said...

Happy late birthday! The cake looks great!

Laynie said...

Happy Birthday to you, Brandon! It sounds you had tons of fun. I'm sorry for not posting this soon. Blame on my surgery. :D But you have been on my mind. Love you.

Tim said...

happy birthday b

Tami said...

He is a cute kid, isn't he!?