I walked in the house Friday afternoon, after dropping Emily off at gymnastics, to the sound of water splashing on the floor and Natalie running through the kitchen with an armload of towels, reporting that it was "raining in the house". I ran to the hallway in between the girls' bedrooms, and sure enough, there was a stream of water pouring out of the ceiling light fixture like a hose. My first thought was that our roof must be leaking. But, as I ran upstairs to get a bucket to catch the water and heard Mark screaming, "You idiots! What were you thinking?!" I knew our problems were not weather related.
Brandon and Bryce had thought it would be a fun rainy day activity to fill the upstairs bathroom (notice I say bathroom and not bathtub) with water. They clogged the drain in their shower stall with a washcloth, sealed the crack under the bathroom door with their discarded clothes and then turned on the water. They were able to fill the whole bottom of the shower stall and at least an inch of the bathroom floor before the water started leaking through the downstairs ceiling alerting Mark and thus ending their fun.
I'd like to think that the kids will grow out of such thoughtlessness. But, upon relating the story to my parents, my dad informed me that a college acquaintance of his had been kicked-out of BYU for pulling a similar stunt in the dormitory shower.
I wonder if our insurance policy has a child stupidity clause?
6 comments:
Well hello Cindy!!
I needed a laugh today...a good, hard laugh. Thank you for posting this. Hope today and the rest of your week are NONEVENTFUL!!
Cin
Oh my goodness! So, who's idea was this? Is it all dry now? :)
WOW!!! How old is Brandon? But WOW and sort of FUNNY.. Did you able to get it dry without having some damaged? Eh. Sorry about that..
Remind me never to let my kids play with your kids. :)
j/k
So funny! Ok maybe not for you, but for those of us who have those kids that the insurance should have a clause for...it's nice to know we are not alone. ;)
reading that made me think of dad's story almost immediately. kids: they're dumb, but not original.
Post a Comment