My family gave me a great Mother's Day. I got lots of hugs and cards and crafts. Mark cooked and cleaned up dinner. Natalie drew me a cute picture of the two of us (left) which she set as my computer wallpaper. (I love my trim animated physique!)My dad also sent me a cute card featuring the following little ditty. I think it pretty much sums up Mother's Day.
(to the tune of Ponchielli's Dance of the Hours)
Your a mommy, your a mother,
It's a job that's like no other:
It's demanding, and it's draining,
It's a job for which there really is no training.
Wiping counters, butts, and noses,
Cleaning up while fam'ly dozes.
Making sure kids wear clean undies,
You work all week long plus Saturdays and Sund'ys.
Kissing boo-boos, multi-tasking,
Know your kids hurt, without asking.
Gasoline goes by the tankful,
It's for all of this and more that we are thankful.
Mark got a photo of me and the kids just before our feast. Notice my crown and special plate. Emily even folded the napkins into cute little shapes. It's great to be the queen--at least today.
While I was posting this, Natalie drew a little doodle of motherhood. Notice that the dad is sleeping while the mom is being driven crazy by the kids. What does this say about our family?
2 comments:
Love those awesome pictures she drew for you and I got a good laugh out of the one where daddy is asleep. :) Happy Mother's Day!
Those are fun pictures!! Very talented little gal there! Happy Moms Day!!!
Post a Comment