Bryce was excited to be invited to the birthday party of a little girl in his Primary class last Friday. The party was going to be a garden party and the kids were told to "dress-up and bring your manners". When Bryce handed me the cute pink invitation we had the following exchange:Me: Oh, how fun! It's a dress-up party.
Bryce: Yeah, I know what I'm going to wear--my karate uniform.
Me : (laughing) No, it's not a costume party. You're supposed to dress up fancy.
Bryce: (in shocked disgust) Well, I'm NOT wearing my church clothes!
And he didn't. I did, however, get him to put on a button-up shirt and tie which he paired with his baseball cap and his favorite skull shorts . The skulls, I must admit, gave the whole outfit just that added touch of, well, masculinity which really is essential for any young man going to a garden party. And, of course, with his toughness clearly displayed, Bryce had a great time.
6 comments:
How funny! From the beginning I thought he would just not go to the party. That was a great solution, Bryce!
I agree that the skull shorts added that punch and added masculinity that totally made the outfit! :)
I like the skull shorts too.
I must say Bryce's whole ensemble was very avant guard and cutting edge.
Not bad idea.. Poor guy who didn't want to be dressed up.. Honestly I was surprised that he enjoyed the party. :D
I love the juxtaposition of seeing a manly boy in skull shorts next to that pink polka-dotted gift bag.
Post a Comment