Monday, November 21, 2011

Another Teen in the House


"Oh, you think this is hard--just wait until they are teenagers!" We heard that a lot when the girls were toddlers. And, I must admit, even though I thought I had some pretty good kids, part of me was a little scared of the drama and hormonal outbreaks stereotypically surrounding adolescent girls; but now we officially have two teenage girls in our house, and I must say, it is nothing like the horror stories would lead you to believe (knock on wood). Both of our girls are amazing and I am loving watching them mature into beautiful young women. Sure, we have the occasional crisis, but all in all, our girls are the cream of the crop.

Emily was so busy over her birthday weekend that even with a day off of school for Veteran's Day, we had trouble finding a spare minute to celebrate. We managed to squeeze in a couple of hours Friday night for cake and a movie with a few friends. It was my favorite kind of party--small, simple, and (mostly) quiet.

Saturday, Emily's cheer team had a competition, and despite the fact that they dropped her on her head during a stunt in the warm-up, she went out and did a great job. They won 1st place. Really, that is just how Emily is. She puts her all into everything that she does and she hates to let people down. I love that girl!

Happy 13th, Emily.

4 comments:

Karen said...

That was fun to see. She's so cute. I'm sorry to hear about her head drop. I love your new blog updates too. Such fun pictures.

hope said...

Love seeing the updates, too. Teenagers are beginning to scare me as I begin to see the start of adolescence on the horizon. But i am hoping to have the same outcome as you, with pretty good kids who come out on top of their challenges. Happy birthday.... she is a beautiful young lady!

Liesl Joy said...

awesome routine! Congratulations Emily for winning and Happy Birthday!

Melissa Lyon said...

Emily is so fun to watch. She amazes me. All your kids are just so different, but just so good. Can you be my Mommy?