Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween

Crazy, crazy Halloween. This year I was doubting whether all our kids would get out the door for trick-or-treating, but everyone made it out in the end and had a great time and got lots and lots of candy.

Emily could not decide on a costume until Sunday night (she was a jellyfish) but still wanted to make it herself. Unfortunately, she also had cheer practice after school on Halloween and didn't get home until almost 6pm so she was a little rushed for time. I was actually helping her put her costume together while running back and forth to answer the door and hand out candy!


I think Brandon had the best time. He had two buddies come home with him from school and they got to roam the neighborhood (mostly) unsupervised. He was Link from Legend of Zelda.


Bryce also had a friend come over. Now that I think about it, 5 boys in the house probably added to the feeling of craziness, but they sure had a good time. Bryce was Red Link (as opposed to Brandon's regular Link) from Legend of Zelda: Four Swords.


Natalie, who was not by far the oldest kid that came to our door, (much to my dismay since I am trying to convince her she is too old to trick-or-treat) was a character from her favorite anime series. While I was madly trying to help Emily finish her costume, Mark was in charge of getting pictures of all the kids in their costumes and I guess he didn't have the patience to wait for her to finish her dinner, because this is the only shot he got of her. Notice that she is eating her spaghetti with chopsticks. I guess she was getting into character.

3 comments:

Tim said...

cool costumes, cindy.

speaking of being too old to trick-or-treat, we had a lot of very "mature" and inappropriately dressed people come by our house this year. if i wasn't afraid of having our home vandalized, i probably wouldn't have given them any candy

Heather said...

Cute kids! Or are they too old to be called cute now?

Wish they could have come to our door! We only had two trick-or-treaters the whole night.

Liesl Joy said...

I love all the kids costumes. Emily's is so creative! Did you know Adam went as Link too?! So funny! They must be kindred spirits. The same thing happened with Mary and Jen. They didn't know until the day before that both of them were going as Red Riding Hood. I just posted pictures on my blog.