Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Time

Time is such a funny thing. We had family pictures taken last weekend, and when I looked at the shots (which were amazing thanks to our super talented friend Kim) I was just shocked at how old the kids looked. What happened to those four babies who used to live at our house?

I remember taking my troop of toddlers to the grocery store and having old ladies give me little pats as the kids ran amok and tell me to enjoy this time because it was the "best time of your life". I would nod and smile and agree, at least in theory, but I still longed for the day when the kids would all be bigger and I would be able to shower without little faces pressed up against the stall, or get into the car without having to buckle four car seats. And now, all of a sudden, I look at my beautiful teenagers and realize those days are here, and the old ladies were right. Part of me misses those "best times of my life." Or at least has a new realization of how little time I really have left with my full house.

So here is a look at our family past and present. Life is good.

1996


1999


2000


2003



2005


2008


2011

You can see more of our photos on Kim's blog.

6 comments:

Tim said...

holy guacamole! i didn't even recognize emily at first glance. I thought, who is that foreign exchange student in all of cindy's family photos?! when did she get so grown up?

your family pictures are super cute, cindy.

Karen said...

Oh, I love this. It's so fun to see. I still feel like I will never get out of this kid phase. You have given me hope. Your newest pictures are amazing. I love them all.

hope said...

Kind of a bittersweet post. But beautiful family all the way through!

danakat said...

Yes, your kids look older...but you haven't aged a bit! How do you manage THAT with four kids??

Heather said...

I agree with Tim- I didn't even recognize Emily at first! And Cindy, I can see a lot of Mom in you :) What a beautiful family you have!

Liesl Joy said...

Emily!!!!! you look so different! its been so long since I last saw you and you have changed so much! you look so pretty and you have makeup on, last time you came you said you did not like makeup. And you have gotten taller! I cant wait to see you again! -Mary

You all look great! The kids have really grown. The boys are so cute and handsome, and the girls are just gorgeous, including you Cindy! I would love a 5 by 7 print of one of the family pictures to replace the old one I have framed, or an attachment to an email so I could print it out. Thanks for sharing! Mary was totally freaking out about Emily! (In a good way) :)