Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

With the arrival of Christmas Craziness I haven't had much time for blogging. Here is a rundown of what my day looked like yesterday:

6:00 am--get up, get kids up, get ready for school, etc
6:50 am--take Emily, Brandon, and Bryce to bus stop
7:20 am--get Natalie to bus stop
7:30 am--eat breakfast, do dishes, etc
8:00 am--scriptures, shower, get dressed
9:00 am--start dinner in crock pot because I know I won't have time to cook later
9:30 am--go to grocery store for toffee ingredients
10:00 am-1:30 pm--make 10lbs. of toffee
1:30 pm--snarf a bite to eat
1:45 pm--finish toffee and start to clean up the mess in the kitchen
2:15pm-3:00pm--call my mom and grouch about not wanting to finish cleaning mess in kitchen
3:00pm--Emmy, Brandon, and Bryce come home
3:30pm--put everyone in car and go pick-up Natalie and her percussion kit from school
3:45pm--start altering the pants Natalie has to wear to her Band concert tonight
4:10pm--drive Emily's carpool to gymnastics
5:00pm--finish Natalie's pants
5:45pm--take Natalie and her percussion kit to Band Concert
6:00pm-8:00pm--listen to Natalie's Band Concert
8:25pm--pick-up Emily from Gymnastics carpool
8:30pm--eat dinner, get girls put to bed
9:00pm--watch Heroes with Mark
10:00pm--take 2 Advil and collapse into bed

And that is the reason moms have nervous breakdowns during December! Luckily, not all my days have been so crazy. We have actually had a very nice season so far. The weather has certainly cooperated. Temperatures here have been colder than normal since Thanksgiving and we even saw a few snowflakes on December 1st.

We have finally finished the decorations both inside and out. Here is Mark hanging the outdoor lights on Saturday.


Mark absolutely loathes hanging the outdoor lights! It took him quite a while out in the nippy weather to light up our bushes and trees. When he was finally done, Bryce went out to look at the lights and all he could say was, "How come you didn't put any lights on the roof, dadddy?" Poor Mark. The lights really do look nice.

The inside decorations look nice, too. We put our Christmas tree in our family room for the first time this year. We usually put it in the front room but this year we turned the front room into our office and now there is no space for a tree there.

Bryce's favorite decoration is my nativity. When I set it up he ran over and said, "Oh, I love playing with these guys!" and he does. I have grouched at him several times that the pieces are very expensive and special and are NOT action figures. This morning I found one of Bryce's dragons and an orc visiting (attacking?) baby Jesus. This is Bryce staging a battle with pencil erasers at the manger.
Despite the craziness, it's been a great month so far. I hope things are going as well for all of you. Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Tim said...

I remember doing the EXACT same thing with Mom's nativity sets. Great minds DO think alike!

Christa said...

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the Ork and the dragon visiting the stable. Tim did like playing with the people. But so do I, they are my favorite decoration to put up and I add little things to it each year, this year it was little bushes I found at Michaels.

Heather said...

Cindy, your house looks lovely!

Roger said...

I was surprised that the people in Cindy's manger seem to be carved much classier than Mom's people, but Mom's painting makes up for the inferior design.