Monday, January 12, 2009

Winter Blast

Emily had a gymnastics meet on Saturday. It was her first time competing at Prep-Optional level 3. She had all new routines except for vault which was the same as in Compulsory Level 5.
(Confused about the levels? Click here.) I thought she did great. She tied for 1st on beam, won 2nd on floor and vault, took 4th on bars, and won 2nd All-Around. Emily, however, was not too excited about the results. She grouched about losing all the way home. I just don't know how that sweet little girl got so competitive. Here are her new routines.








7 comments:

Natalie Petrucka said...

...And she got the lame-o type medals again...they are the ugliest ones she has (no offense)

Tim said...

Is she young for the group that she is in? Or is she competing against other girls that are her age?

Tim said...

PS I find Natti's concern about the aesthetic qualities of the medals themselves to be very cute.

Cindy said...

The age groups vary. At each meet they split them up differently depending on how many girls are competing. At smaller meets there may be only two age groups. Some of the big meets may have as many as four age categories. She is usually competing against girls from about 9-12 years old.

danakat said...

Well, that's a pretty impressive little gymnast you have there! K enjoyed watching the videos...lots. I think there will be lots of flipping in the house over the next couple of days. Thanks loads. ;)

Your blog is totally fun! And your header name makes me smile every time. See? :) I don't think you would have to worry about any "competition".

Can I link you on mine, or not so much?

Mike and Carrie said...

HI THIS IS KIERSTEN SPEAKING CAN YOU HEAR ME!Anyway, I thought that you did some pretty cool things,like that floor routine.I could never do that unless I join gymnastics or however you spell it. WELL KIERSTEN IS SIGING OFF BYE!

Christa said...

I just created a new google account maybe now my comments will be posted.
Good job Emily, you looked fantastic. Don't be too hard on your self.