Friday, April 24, 2009

Spring Concert

Natalie had her spring band concert last night. She did a great job, and even won an award for leadership in music. I think both she and I were a little surprised when her name was called, but she really deserved it. She has a real talent for music, and it has been amazing to see her grow so much this year. The other day she brought home her school registration form for me to sign for next year and she had already put a big check next to band as her elective. She also signed up to go to a solo and ensemble competition this Saturday. She will be judged on a xylophone duet that she is doing with another girl from her class. She is a little nervous but I'm sure she will do great.

Here is the video of last night's performance. She is playing marimba. If she looks a little lost during the Hot Fudge Sundae song, it is because her music stand kept falling over. She handled it like a pro. Congrats, Nat.





4 comments:

Natalie Petrucka said...

Yeah...my dang music stand was faulty...it fell twice D: I think one of the times Ben accidentally knocked it over with his trombone XD

Tim said...

never the less, you killed it, nat! looks and sounds great!

Roger said...

Natti,
I am really impressed with you and your band. It reminded me of my junior high band, except we were not nearly as good as you are. I wish I could have heard you a little better.

Rebekah said...

wow. i feel ancient now. I played the first two songs when I was at liberty and then Amanda played the last one when she was there. great job!