To celebrate the big day, Emily had a friend stay the night and we all went to the roller rink. I haven't been roller skating in close to 30 years, but I'll tell you, it hasn't changed much. The only difference was that they line danced to the Cha-Cha Slide instead of the Hokey Pokey.
We did have our share of crashes, especially at first. Bryce had a particularly rough start. For some reason he was trying to skate by pushing off with only one foot (like riding a skateboard). Natalie ended up with a blister on her toe and a sore tailbone that bothered her for days. But, despite the bruises, the kids had a good time skating round and round to the blaring music and disco-ball lighting, and I had fun watching them. (Especially when they were shaking their wheeled booties during the dancing!) Surprisingly, I think Brandon enjoyed it the most. On the way home he asked for roller skates for Christmas.
2 comments:
I don't ever remember getting a day off school for Veteran's Day. Nevertheless, I hope Emmy had a great birthday!
Happy Birthday Emmy!
Emily is now old enough to attend Hogwarts. Keep your eye out for owls.
Post a Comment