We had our second annual Easter treasure hunt this morning. Last year I was so tired of hiding eggs for four kids that I decided to combine all the hiding into one big treasure hunt. The kids loved it but said the clues were too easy, so this year I tried to make things harder.
It took the kids about 45 minutes this morning to follow the twelve clues as opposed to about 15 minutes last year, so I guess I was pretty successful . Some of the harder clues were: a close-up photo of our circuit breaker box, a message written in braille, and a series of 12 numbers which turned out to be a phone number.
The number clue was pretty funny because Emily and Brandon guessed it was a phone number right away, but Natalie (being the voice of reason) kept telling them that it didn't make sense to call an unknown number. But, with a little subtle encouragement from Mom and Dad, they talked Bryce into making the call, and a very helpful Aunt Heather supplied the next clue. We also had a couple of riddles, scrambled words, a scripture reference, some rebus puzzles, and a clue written in music notes.
All that mental stimulation must have really taxed them, because after they found their baskets there was about ten minutes of near total silence while they just sat with dazed looks and ate their candy. I'm really going to have to study up to come up with new material for next year.
4 comments:
Clever! I remember Dad did once when he has my treasure. He hide my treasure in the little solider house outside. Do you remember the little solider house or closet? Anyway, I bet it's fun! :D
Wow. Seriously super-impressed! Can I just add your help with a treasure hunt to my list of other things I owe you??
And thanks again for the powdered sugar. You know, our cake just wouldn't have been the same without frosting. :)
I was honored to be able to help you! I'm glad your kids had fun. You are such a fun and clever mom. Tell Bryce he was very brave and did a great job.
What a tricky Easter Bunny!
Post a Comment