Our elementary school had a "Lunch With Someone You Love" program this week. Naturally, all my kids invited Dad, but since he was busy with meetings this week, they settled for dining with me.
Tuesday morning I had lunch with Bryce. Then on Thursday, I got to have two lunches--one at 11:00 with Emily and another at 12:20 with Brandon. By the time Brandon's lunch rolled around, I was definitely feeling like I'd had my fill of the school lunch experience. (I seem to remember lunch being a lot quieter when I was in school.) But, while I was eating, I overheard a conversation that made me very grateful to be able to share a spot in that chaotic lunchroom with my boy.
The two girls across the table from us were lamenting the fact that neither of their parents had come to lunch that day. I just about teared up when the one girl quietly asked her friend, "Don't you just wish that sometimes your parents wouldn't spend so much time at work so that they could be with you?"
How thankful I am to Mark for making it possible for me to be a full-time mom to our kids!
3 comments:
We are blessed to have such special, spiritual men in our lives! Glad you had the opportunity to have lunch with the kids - and I think lunch is louder too - could be coupled by the fact that we gulped our food down so we could go out and play! What a sad experience for those girls though :-(
Aww. Thanks for the reminder of how good I really have it.
Maybe noise, like heat rises to the top, that's why it seems more noisy when you are an adult.
Post a Comment