Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cold Feet?

Bryce has a bad habit of taking off his shoes out by the trampoline in the afternoons and then forgetting to bring them inside. The other day misfortune caught up to him when it stormed at night and in the morning his sneakers were soaked. I told him he would have to wear his church shoes or his crocks to school, which he did not want to do. (He has to wear sneakers for PE or he gets in trouble.) On the way out to the bus I noticed that he was wearing the wet sneakers. When I told him he would be uncomfortable in wet shoes all day long he nonchalantly replied, "Don't worry, I have on 3 pairs of socks AND I stuffed lots of paper towels inside to soak up the water." Yeah, like that's going to be comfortable! Now, with kid #1 or even kid #2 I would have sent them back and forced them to put on dry shoes, but with kid #4 what did I do? Just smiled and put him on the bus. Sigh. I wonder what his teacher thought when he started "unpacking" his shoes later in the day?

2 comments:

Tim said...

cindy, you cannot argue with logic like that! besides, kids are remarkably tolerable of the misery they heap on themselves (wet shoes to school), while equally intolerable of misery imposed on them (wearing a tie to church).

Liesl Joy said...

So funny, and so true!! My parenting is so much different now than with my first few. I would love to hear how his day went!