Monday, April 11, 2011

Harp at Morningside

Emily is one busy young lady. I thought that when she "retired" from gymnastics our family would not only be seeing much more of our 2nd child, but also much more of the money that had previously gone to the gym. Unfortunately, I really don't see nearly as much as I had anticipated of either one. Emily is just a girl that likes to be involved in things. From hanging-out with friends, to being on the yearbook staff, to doing drama, to babysitting, to music lessons, church activities, parties, and service projects, Emily is always on the go. Her latest accomplishment has been that she tried out for, and made, the competition cheerleading squad for her middle school next year--more time, more money, sigh. But, we are so proud of all her accomplishments.

On Saturday, Emily had a music recital at one of our local nursing homes. She played three little harp numbers, the last (and best) of which she wrote herself. Sorry that you can't see her face too well. I was on the wrong side of the room.

3 comments:

hope said...

That last one was amazing!

Sharon said...

She is quite the talented little lady. Love that last song.

Shaunte' said...

I've just discovered your little family blog. The title is clever! What a beautiful song Emily played!