Is is wrong to be concerned when your kid is acting too. . .good? This weekend, Brandon was being so nice that I was starting to get worried about him. On Friday afternoon, Brandon uncharacteristically volunteered to help walk Bryce to a neighbor's house to play. When he came home, he immediately went upstairs and did his chores--without being asked. Then he did Bryce's chores, too. He followed that up with cleaning the playroom and bathroom and tidying Emily's room for her. After he finished in Emily's room I gave him lots of praise and kisses and sent him outside to play. I was getting a little concerned as to why he was doing all this cleaning, and wanted him to take a break from his niceness for a while. A few minutes later I looked out to see what he was up to and saw that he was quietly raking all the leaves in the front grass into neat little piles! Talk about melting a poor mother's heart.
His good-streak continued on Saturday when he got dressed without any complaints and made everybody's beds for them. He even cleaned up the cushions and sleeping bag that Emily's friend had used while sleeping-over on Friday night. At this point I was just waiting for him to break out in a fever or relate some trauma that had happened at school.
Thankfully, (and I never thought I'd be grateful that my kid has stopped being soooo good) today he seems to be back to his old self. I guess he just felt like trying something different for a change. I love that kid.
6 comments:
This was very suspicious behavior. Maybe he was just trying to play with your mind. Have you found out what he broke yet?
I'm very curious why he wanted to do that. I wanted to go inside of his head and what is he thinking. Have you talk with him?
That is such a cute picture of him. He does look very innocent. I like your mom's comment about playing with your mind. That's funny!
this is the first thing your story made me think of:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2636/3919054135_8b6eed2c3b.jpg
Ha-ha-ha, EXACTLY!
Hm. It's only temporary, I'm sure >.>
Post a Comment