Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Hunstville Stake Center Choir and Orchestra at Sparkman Drive

Ok, so the name isn't as catchy at the "Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square" but I'd wager to say we have just as much heart! I got to play oboe with our stake orchestra again this year in our annual Christmas Festival and I had so much fun. I must have passed the test last year because there were a bunch of prominent oboe parts this time around. Here is the audio of our concert.

Hark! The Herald Angels Sing!
Shepherd's Pipe Carol (oboe solos)
Joseph Dearest, Joseph Mine
The First Nowell
Bell Carols (oboe duets)
Away in a Manger (oboe solos)
O Come, All Ye Faithful

2 comments:

Melissa Lyon said...

Wow- you are such a whole person Cindy- with interests and abilities of your own that don't involve raising children. Amazing.

The music sounded good too.

Roger said...

That beautiful oboe music brought back memories of my little girl and tears to my eyes.
--Not the Mom