Yesterday we dismantled the tree and packed our stockings away. It's always a little sad to see the house stripped of all it's festivity, but I enjoy being able to start the New Year off clean.
We had such a nice Christmas this year. We didn't go anywhere or have a house full of guests but we were all healthy and happy. We ate more than we needed and got more than we expected. I think Emily had the best surprise of all because Santa brought her a cell-phone, even though Mom and Dad had said she couldn't have one until she turned 12. Before the day was out, she had already exchanged over 100 texts!
Except for Mark, who has been a real trouper and gone to work every day, we've spent most of the last week in our pajamas playing with our new toys and slowly eating the contents of our stockings and the leftovers of our Christmas dinner. Every day we stay in bed a little longer and it is going to be a real shock to the system when we have to start getting up for school again next week.
A big thanks to everyone who called, or sent cards, gifts, and Christmas wishes. They were all appreciated and enjoyed and made us feel that even though our families are miles away we weren't really so far apart after all. What a wonderful end to a mighty fine year.
2 comments:
100 text ALREADY? I hope it's free.. eh.. You guys sound had lot of fun. Grins, I have to take Christmas down this weekend.
I guess Santa is more of a softy than Mom and Dad. That christmas morning surprise factor is hard to resist.
Glad you had a great time!
Post a Comment