Sunday, June 12, 2011

Austria--day 6

Today we went to the Graz ward for church. I thought maybe we should look up what time the services started but Grandma was sure the meeting began at 10. "They've started at 10 for the last 40 years." Well, apparently, sometime since the last time Grandma and Grandpa were in attendance, the time changed to 9. So we missed part of the services, which was just as well for the girls, since they didn't understand anything anyway.

The old church building had undergone some renovations and there were many new faces, but there were still some old-timers there who recognized Bruder and Schwester Fife and were happy to see them. A few even remembered me, despite the fact that I have changed a little more in the past 35 years than Grandma or Grandpa. (I've gained like 100 lbs since then. haa-haa)


In the afternoon we took a short hike up to the castle ruins above Omi's house. Natalie's stomach was still bothering her, but like a real trooper she decided to brave the 30 minute hike anyway. About 3/4 of the way up, I thought that she might not make it, but she persevered.


The view from the top was beautiful, and on the way down it started to lightly rain and the smell of rain and evergreens was absolutely amazing. Even Natalie was glad she had suffered through.

No comments: