Monday, June 6, 2011

What I Did This Year--the Final Saga

The boys room and bath was last. The idea was to cram as much storage into the room as possible while still making it look nice, in a masculine way, of course. After lots of fretting, I finally went with these book shelf beds that also have three storage drawers below. They also got stainless steel magnet boards--have I mentioned my love of bulletin boards. :)


I was really wanting to do these bold horizontal stripes. Mark probably thought I was crazy, but he knew better than to upset me at this point in the process. "Sure honey, giant stripes in four different colors sounds great!" (You gotta love that kind of man.) And, in the end, the boys room was Mark's favorite.

In their bath, I did more stripes but in just two colors.


It was impossible to get a good photo in that tiny space.

And with that, I was all done. Yay! Now if I can only get them to keep it clean.

5 comments:

Lisha said...

Will you come decorate my kids' rooms?!!

Kim said...

Where were you when I painted? I so could've used your expertise!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your rooms! Now I want to go do my kids rooms, but I have to wait. Darn! :) So, when you find out how to get your kids to keep their rooms and bathrooms perfectly clean let me know how. I sure could use that right about now. :)

Liesl Joy said...

Cindy, you did such a fabulous job on all the rooms! I love all the color combos and the magnet boards. That's a great gift idea! I hope we can come see them in person next summer.

Missy said...

I love all your new rooms! You did a fabulous job.