Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Big 1-0

Emily turned 10 yesterday. Last night she told us she had had the "best birthday ever." (To get the true feeling of her statement, read it sarcastically and add a nice pre-teen eye roll.) I think she was a little put out that we didn't do too much on her actual birthday because most of the celebrating was done over the weekend, or maybe she was just tired from school and gynmastics. Hey, life is rough when you get old.

Emily's birthday festivities were spread out over several days. Last week she got her birthday gift from Grandma, Grandpa, Mom, and Dad--a pink Nintendo DS. Boy were Brandon and Bryce jealous!! On Saturday we had a family lunch at our favorite mexican restaurant and then I took Emily and her best friend Kiersten to the movies to see High School Musical 3. Originally, the whole family was going to go to the movies, but when Emily said she wanted to see High School Musical, Mark, Natalie, and the boys decided they'd rather stay home. I can't say that I blame them. The theater was filled with little girls. I think I saw only one man in the whole place. On Sunday, we had a family party with a cake that Emily designed and decorated herself. It was a s'mores cake. It was chocolate with chocolate frosting and had marshmallows, chocolate chunks and graham crackers sprinkled on top. Then, on Monday, her actual birthday, I brought Chick-Fil-A to the school cafeteria for her lunch. You can't get much more festive than that!

Happy Birthday Em!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Happy birthday Emily! Now you're in the double digits!

From,
Zackary

Roger said...

MMMM...that cake looks good. I sure would have liked to be there to taste some of it.

Love, Grampa