Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Auburn Classic

Emily and I drove down to Auburn last weekend for the Auburn Classic Gymnastics Meet. Emily won first place in every event, and first place all-around for her age group. She also won a special trophy for having the highest all-around score in any age group. It was the best she has ever done, and she was very excited! Her next meet is the state championships which are going to be here in Huntsville (yea!!) next weekend. If she places in the top 6 in her level she will be invited to go to regionals as a member of the Alabama state team. She was on the state team last year and won 2nd all-around at regionals.

I have mixed feelings about regionals this year because they will be held in Panama City, and I am not in the mood to drive down to the coast. I was really hoping that state would be on Sunday so that we could scratch Emily, and get out of the whole regionals thing. It seems, however, that we will have no such luck. Next Saturday we will either have an upset girl or a trip to Florida. Sigh.

1 comment:

Mike and Carrie said...

Get a good book on CD and enjoy the drive!