Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Amazing Animator

Natalie had to do a book report project for her language arts class. She chose to make an animated video on one of the Warriors books. (Her favorite series.) She used her new animation software, and spent almost a month drawing and editing and recording the voices. With a finished length of over 800 frames, this is the longest clip she has done so far. It is also the first time she really tried to do any lip-syncing. Mark says the lip-syncing in this clip reminds him of watching a dubbed kung-fu movie. Her animation software is supposed to be able to help her lip-sync but she hasn't figured it out yet. It is a professional program, and she is only just scratching the surface of what it can do. Since neither Mark nor I know anything about how to use the program, she is on her own. She took the finished DVD to school on Friday, and got great reviews and a 100% grade from her teacher. She has been posting her videos on her own site lately, but I thought that this one deserved a place on the family blog as well. Way to go, my amazing girl!

You can read Natalie's description of the project here.

3 comments:

danakat said...

Uh, wow! I'm beyond impressed.
That could be on Cartoon Network. For real. Way to go, Natalie!

shari said...

Wow! Terrific! She could use this as one of her personal progress projects for sure!! I Love Natalie!

Anonymous said...

Natty! That was awesome. I know how hard you work on those animations. Thanks for posting it! Love ya!