We had spring break this week. We didn't go anywhere or really do anything. We just enjoyed the nice spring-like weather, and the break from all of our regular activities. Having the kids home all day changed my daily routine, and brought to mind some of the repetitive aspects of motherhood that I was either glad to have a break from or annoyed to find myself doing more often. I thought I'd share some of these tasks--the ones that make me roll my eyes, take a deep breath, and grumble. "If I had a quarter for every time I . . .* turned off a light
* flushed a toilet I hadn't used
* closed the door to the kitchen pantry
* heard "I'm booored!"
* made a lunch
* picked up dirty socks
* moved laundry from in front of the hamper to in the hamper
* said "turn off the TV/computer/video game"
* folded the throw blanket and put the pillows back on the couch
* was asked "what's for dinner" followed by "yuck"
. . .I'd be one rich momma!"
4 comments:
Ha! Here are ours from the week:
'Are we there yet?'
'What are we doing next?'
With roll of eyes after a question 'I already answered that!'
Yippee for regular routines starting again tomorrow!
I have heard a lot of
"She gets to do this"
"I never get to"
"You always ask me to do that!"
"We are having that again for dinner"
and then almost all on your list! I am so glad school is tomorrow! :)
Ha! Love it!
Although I missed out on many of these wonderful comments since I was in bed, but I'm sure Steve would have appreciated a little monetary incentive to keep going.
That all sounds very familiar! I also heard a lot of "(insert sibling's name here) is bugging me!"
Post a Comment