Monday, March 16, 2009

Time to Say Goodbye


I don't like to walk around my house in bare feet. I don't know if this is because I know how rarely the floors are cleaned, or if it's a way to regulate my core temperature. Either way, I like to have something covering my feet. In the winter I wear a nice pair of shearling slippers, but when the warm weather sets in I need something lighter. I have gone through many pairs of slippers over the years,and put holes in countless socks until, last year, I found the perfect summer slipper. They were cool and light and fit tight to the foot like a pair of socks, but they had a thicker sole so that they wouldn't wear out as quickly. To top it off, they were the cutest lime green color with blue polka dots! My green slippers had a good run. I liked them so much that I even duct taped the soles when they started to wear through so that I could wear them longer. But, yesterday the end finally came. I spilled steak blood all over my green slippers while cooking dinner and I know they won't survive a trip through the washing machine--not in their weakened condition. My poor slippers. I will miss you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor slippers! It's always hard to part with something you fall in love with! :) Here's to finding some new AWESOME slippers soon! :)

kg said...

Let me know if you find something similar to those...I've been looking for some slippers! Those are really cute! Sorry they bit the dust.

danakat said...

Too sad. :(
I always get emotional when I have to let my slippers go. You know, it's almost that time again...dang it.